Happy March! I can't believe spring is around the corner. I'm already seeing daffodils in my yard bloom. It's putting me in the spirit of getting outside, cleaning, organizing and just getting everything in order.
So here's some Spring Tidying Tips for your skin...
1. Your winter skin care regime may not be your spring/summer regime. Just like the seasons, our skin changes too depending on the climate. For example, many of you use a super intense moisturizer in the winter months because of running the heater, drier air, etc. In warmer months you may need something less moisturizing.
2. Take the time and clean out that skin care drawer. You know the one where half used products go to die. For whatever reason you didn't like the product. If your'e worried about wasting it then apply it to other parts of your body and use it up. Products do lose their efficacy over time so if they've been in that drawer for awhile they might not even be effective.
3. Buy new Sunscreen. If you're going outside more (and being a good girl), then you're applying protection. BUT (really emphasizing here), if it's last years tube then it is not going to be as effective and if super old then might not provide any sun protection. You will have a false sense of taking care of yourself against the sun. So throw away last years tube, get a new one.
4. Go Green! Add some cruciferous vegetables to your diet like broccoli. They are a natural internal moisturizing super charger for your skin. It will help with that "glow" we all want.
5. Try a mild exfoliation. This is the time of year to do it before you are outside all the time. I love Osmosis' Polish, a cranberry enzyme mask to mildly exfoliate without over stripping the skin.
Hope you're having a beautiful March!
Happy St. Patrick's Day & the first day of Spring (March 19th)